WHY YOU SHOULD CARE TO GIVE DURING COVID-19 CRISIS?
Declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO), Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) has put India’s health machinery under enormous stress over the past two months. Lakhs of doctors, nurses, hospital staff, officials of Central and State health departments are working tirelessly to respond to the pandemic. At the same time, NGOs are reaching out to millions of vulnerable communities, busting myths and raising awareness about the importance of hygiene and social distancing to stay safe.
It is thus important to support these NGOs and avert a catastrophe. CAF India is reaching out to its validated NGOs such as Rajasthan Bal Kalyan Samiti, Gramodaya Samajik Sansthan, Kottayam Social Service Society, Arshabharath Bahujana Bodhavalkarana Gram Vikasana Samithi and many more, who are working to raise awareness and distribute hygiene kits to vulnerable communities across India to mitigate the viral outbreak as much as possible. Through their network of credible NGOs, the organization is capable of reaching millions to curb community transmission of the virus. According to CAF India’s initial need assessment, people (especially the vulnerable elderly and people with low immunity and disability) are in urgent need of accurate information, screening and testing, counselling support and hygiene kits.
The number of confirmed cases in India rose to 410 and eight deaths as on March 23. Globally, confirmed COVID 19 cases had crossed the 300,000 mark and were rising exponentially, recording 14,616 deaths. Looking at the trends in other COVID 19 hotspots, experts predict that India is on the brink of an avalanche of COVID 19 cases.
The outbreak has generated both demand and supply shocks reverberating across the country. Tourism and travel-related industries have been among the hardest hit as authorities encourage ‘social distancing’ and consumers stay indoors. In many states, there is a complete lockdown till March 31. Finding it hard to sail through these times, daily wage laborers in many metro cities have either returned to their villages or are stranded in cities without work, with a hope that authorities will find a cure of the disease and they could return back to work soon.
The Centre and the state governments are putting in all efforts to mitigate the disaster. While Hon’ble Prime Minister Modi appealed to people to observe Janta Curfew on March 22 and urged people (elderly in particular) to stay indoors and practice social distancing, a COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force led by the Finance Minister – Ms Nirmala Sitaraman has been formed.
These steps can be effective if implemented properly. However, we all need to do our bit to minimize transmission of the virus as much as possible. Remember, India is one of the most densely populated country in the world, and as citizens, it becomes our duty to protect the marginalized and vulnerable groups — people who don’t have access to clean water and soap for washing hands, leave alone sanitizers.
NGOs continue to rely on the support of millions of people, who come forward to help during crisis situations. Be it individuals or corporates (who donate through CSR), everyone needs to pitch in to flatten the COVID 19 curve and not allow it to progress to the third stage of community transmission.
CAF India for the last two decades has progressively functioned to structure itself as a ready, responsible, relevant and resourceful humanitarian organization. The organization has been at the forefront to respond to natural and manmade disasters and is now doing its best to reach out to the vulnerable masses through its NGO partners. Support CAF India today.
How you can help communities during the COVID-19 outbreak?
- Give more during these challenging times. Vulnerable population especially the elderly, people with low immunity, people with Disabilities, daily wage laborers and children are in urgent need of accurate information, screening and testing, counselling support, hygiene kits and food items. Support CAF India’s appeal and become a COVID Warrior.
- Choose your preferred non-profit that is working to support communities dedicatedly. CAF India could help you choose one as the organization has several validated NGOs working in remote areas of India.
- Think of long-term support rather than one-time donation. Your gift have a powerful impact on the lives of vulnerable communities. Long-term support will ensure a better impact on your beneficiary.
- You can donate online to CAF India or write a cheque in favor of ‘Charities Aid Foundation India’ and send it to Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) India, Plot / Site No.2, First Floor, Sector C (OFC Pocket), Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi -110070
- You could also support an NGO by choosing to volunteer your time. Support them in various ways like fund raising, designing campaigns, communications and outreach and much more. Register today with CAF India volunteering platform.